WANdisco Pre-Sales Engineer / Consultant
WANdisco applies a patented, active-active data replication technology to solutions for the ALM and Big Data markets. Co-founded in 2005 by David Richards, Jim Campigli and Dr Yeturu Aahlad, WANdisco (Wide Area Network Distributed Computing) has dual headquarters in Silicon Valley and Sheffield, England. WANdisco grew without raising any private equity, venture capital or angel finance to become a leading provider of global collaboration software to the software development industry.
We have had a direct presence in China since January 2013, and the growing demand for Big Data solutions is driving the expansion of our technical resources to address production deployments of our technologies. Reporting to the Vice President of Field Technical Services, APJ, a WANdisco Pre-Sales Engineer / Consultant is a critical market-facing technical role to support our interactions with customers and prospects.
Activities will include:
- Implementation of WANdisco’s enterprise solutions in customer environments,
- Supporting the local sales team through the presentation of our solutions to customers and prospects,
- Identification, analysis and execution of market opportunities for WANdisco products,
- Demonstration of WANdisco technologies and implementation of proofs of concept for all WANdisco products,
- Customisation and configuration of our products to meet customer needs,
- Maintaining and growing expertise for pre- and post-sales technical support,
- Travel within mainland China as required to provide direct support for customer implementations,
- Ongoing maintenance of your knowledge of associated technologies, competitors and industry trends, and
- Internal communication with WANdisco support, product management and engineering to provide customer feedback.
What we expect from you:
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Mandarin and English,
- Sound knowledge of Hadoop and related technologies,
- Good knowledge of Apache Subversion, LDAP/ActiveDirectory and associated systems,
- Direct experience with the administration or management of Subversion, Git and Hadoop environments,
- Exposure to the architecture and troubleshooting of large-scale data systems,
- Experience with scripting and programming languages in general use (e.g. Bash, Python, Java, etc.)
- Familiarity with the requirements of multi-site production systems,
- Good understanding of Linux administration and configuration,
- Experience with SCM systems such as Apache Subversion and Git, and
- Some knowledge of project management, estimation and scheduling.
WANdisco operates primarily in Beijing, Chengdu and Shenzhen, and will consider applicants local to any of these locations, with a preference for Beijing.
Pls send bilingual CV with expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pls kindly be noticed that only a short list of candidates would be contacted. Thank you.